Alllllrighty, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the first of hopefully 52 (and then some) Be My Guest Mondays!!!!!
*applause, applause, wild manic cheering*
Really sir, put your pants back on. Seriously. It's not that exciting.
But wait... it is!
Because I'm super-duper excited. Why is that, you ask? Because I've decided to start something big with my blog this year. Big. Huge! I've decided that I want to have a guest blogger Every. Single. Monday. (minus this one, of course).
That's right, ladies and gentlemen, the lady's crazy! Crazy I tell ya! In order to have a guest blogger every Monday each of her readers will have to do a guest post. AND she'll have to get at least 12 more followers!! Can she do it before the second hand on the clock strikes noon? Will she meet her deadline? Or will she be left... BLOG-LESS??? (Duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhh.)
Seriously folks. This is why I need guest bloggers. Because I'm a little bit nuts.
Ok, honestly, really seriously honestly. I want to post a new Guest Blogger every single monday for the rest of 2010. I've done some reading on guest blogging and it's a pretty cool deal. I mean think about it, it's all about the laws of reciprocity. I ask you to guest blog, my followers read you and maybe fall in love with you (not instead of me, but in addition to, of course) and you get new followers. Meanwhile, on your blog you've informed your readers that you're doing a guest post on my blog, so your loyal followers come to my blog to check out your post, and they nose around (because your followers are all nosy people, I'm sorry to say) and they decide that I have a writing style that is quite awesome also (although in no way better than your own) and they decide that life would be perfect if they could just follow the both of us, which, thanks to modern technology, they now can.
Now, because I value what little amount of street cred my blog has (which I think is now nothing since I actually just said "street cred") I do have ground rules for being a guest blogger. I posted them back on November 29th, back when I first got the idea, but I will reiterate them here, because A) I have a few clarifications and specifics, and B) I think it's important that you all know how I'd like it to work. Because I do want this to work. I'm terribly excited at the idea of having you wonderful people make my blog even more extraordinary than it already is. :)
So, without further ado,
The Ground Rules for Guest Blogging at Out Of The Extraordinary:
1. This blog is about finding the Extraordinary in the Ordinary. Now, don't be alarmed. If you look at my posts they're not all world-class treatises on transforming the world into an extraordinary place. Sometimes you just have to recognize that the ordinary... is extraordinary.
2. If you've ever commented on a blog post of mine, there's a good chance I'd want you to post. So please, comment below to say you're interested (if you didn't the first time around), and make sure you have your email set up so I can get back to you.
3. You must follow this blog. It's the laws of reciprocity here. I would hope that you enjoy reading my blog enough that you want to be a part of it, not that you want to hijack someone's blog just for fun. But then I know you'd never do that.
4. Please send your post in a Word Document and no more than 1000 words. (.doc please, not .docx) unless you know of a better way. And, if you've got tons of videos or crazy bloggy things that I've never done before, please be willing to help me learn how to post them. And seriously, 1000 words is a lot. So they'd better be good words. :)
5. Please send your posts in as soon as possible... I've got lots of Mondays coming up! If nothing else, I need your post by the Friday of the week before I post it. But feel free to send me a post any time, and I'll fit it in the next open week.
5. I do get final say over what gets posted. I'm not trying to be a control freak, but it is my blog. So please, understand that I've only got my reputation and my readers' interests at heart. I don't see myself slashing through your posts with a red pen. Unless you have tons of grammatical errors. Then we might have to talk. :)
So ok, that was how to be a guest blogger on Out of the Extraordinary in 5 easy steps! I do hope that you're still reading, and that something in you says "why yes, I would like to post something." Even if you're not sure what, leave me a comment, and we'll talk. I look forward to working with you. :)
And remember... Have an Extraordinary Day!