Saturday, February 20, 2010

SWS: Four Awards? For Moi?? Merci Beaucoup!!



Four Awards? For Moi?? Merci Beaucoup!!

Ok, so I luuurve awards! I've heard that there are some bloggers out there who are kinda "over" the whole award thing. I don't really get why. I mean, someone thinks you and/or your blog is cool. Maybe it's just because my primary love language is Words of Affirmation, but I think awards are stellar.

Of course some people may just hate having to post 19 things no one else knows about them and forward the award to 50 of their closest friends, blah blah blah. Well, no one ever said the blogging police would get you if you don't. It's kinda like a chain letter, you know? Someone somewhere will break it. So what? The other 3,090 people are blithely sending them along.

So this is how I'm going to do it. I have recently received a total of FOUR awards, from four fantastic ladies who think I'm somethin' special. (gee, thanks ladies!!). Seriously, here's a shout-out to Katherine at One Girl's Journey to the Atlar, Lauren at Her Silent Musings, Elle at A for Effort (B for Blog) and Lottie at Kaffeine Addict. What I'm going to do is show you the awards and list what you're "supposed" to do, nominate some random number of blogs, and give you some amount of information about myself. I don't even know as I type how I'll do this--I guess we'll find out together. :)


The Happy Award!
1.) Acknowledge the person who gave it to me (Thanks Katherine!)
2.) List 10 items that make me happy
3.) Award it to 10 other bloggers

The Circle of Friends Award!
1.) Acknowledge the person who gave it to me (Thanks Katherine!)
2.) List 5 things I love to do
3.) Award this to 5 other bloggers

The Beautiful Blogger Award!
1.) Acknowledge the person who gave it to me (Thanks Lauren and Elle!)
2.) Share 7 things about myself
3.) Award it to up to 7 other bloggers

The Sunshine Award!
1.) Acknowledge the person who gave it to me (Thanks Lottie!)
2.) Award it to 12 other bloggers

Ok, so I'm generally very legalistic, but I just cannot nominate 34 of you--or technically 41 of you since I got the Beautiful Blogger award twice (how cool is that?). So because of that, I'm going to give you brief (very brief) "things about myself" and then nominate like 5 of you.

10 Things That Make Me Happy:
  1. Chocolate
  2. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter
  3. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter
  4. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal
  5. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal and dumped into a plastic bag with powdered sugar
  6. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal and dumped into a plastic bag with powdered sugar and shaken until everything is coated with the sugar
  7. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal and dumped into a plastic bag with powdered sugar and shaken until everything is coated with the sugar and then left to dry overnight
  8. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal and dumped into a plastic bag with powdered sugar and shaken until everything is coated with the sugar and then left to dry overnight and then shaken with more powdered sugar
  9. Chocolate mixed with peanut butter and butter and poured over Crispex cereal and dumped into a plastic bag with powdered sugar and shaken until everything is coated with the sugar and then left to dry overnight and then shaken with more powdered sugar and then eaten.
  10. Giving you guys a recipe for Puppy Chow without actually giving you a recipe.
Five Things I Love to Do:
  1. Eat
  2. Blog
  3. Sleep
  4. Polish my Pulitzer
  5. Pretend I won a Pulitzer
Seven Things About Myself:
  1. I cry at really good commercials. The Visa commercials during the Olympics get me every time.
  2. I read Christy by Catherine Marshall 1-2 times a year.
  3. I really only know how to cook about 3 real "meals."
  4. Sometimes I actually have to ask myself how I've managed to successfully feed myself with zero cooking skills.
  5. I'm actually fairly intuitive when it comes to cooking and if I were to apply myself I'd probably be pretty good.
  6. I'm really rather intelligent, although my social skills probably leave something to be desired.
  7. I firmly believe that the reason I haven't met my future husband yet is because he's still at home doing sit-ups. And by "home," I mean the condo he owns because he (unlike myself) has actually managed to amass enough money/credit to own property.
And now, to pass these awards along. Here's the deal. I'm going to list some people/blogs below, for whom all of these awards apply (Yay!) Please go visit all of these bloggers, they're quite phenominal and I'm happy I found them!

LovelyBeautifulHappySunshiney Blogs:
Hooray to all you award winners!!! And let me share a secret with you, everyone... if you would like one of these awards and I follow you, you can have it. If you want it to look all official and stuff just let me know and I'll add your name to the list. 'Cause really, we're all winners, right? :)

Have an Extraordinary Day, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your many awards. Love the receipe - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awards and Thanks!! for mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I had one of these award things once. Now what did I do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure your future husband is just doing push ups in his condo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Very entertaining! Happy writing and happy 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful awards! Congrats to you for getting them in the first place. So I take it you like chocolate and peanut butter...me too, but maybe not quite as much as you. ;-)

    It's awesome that you are polishing your pretend pulitzer, because yesterday I saw my pretend book sitting on the shelf in Barns & Noble. :-) I love life.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards. The recipe sounds yummy.


    Found you through SITS

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're funny! i'm with you all the way except for the peanut butter, but i'm a big choc fan myself. here from sits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from SITS - congrats on your awards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards, all FOUR of them!

    I specifically love the Sunshine award, it is just so beautiful. Would love one myself,.. but since my blog is sort of bitchy and dark, I can just go green...

    Some peeps are over the blog award thing? Really, now that is just sour, ain't it?

    Love your chocolate list. I am a great lover of chocolate,... especially a tall, dark, hot chocolate of gorgeous male serving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all your awards, too bad they didn't come covered in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on all of those awards! And congrats also at finding such an entertaining way to fulfill your "obligations" as a winner.

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete

An Extraordinary Comment just for me? Hooray!

When you comment, I get an email. Then I hit "reply." If your email says "noreply-comment" I get sad. Check out this tutorial and set yourself up so I can write back to you!