Friday, February 26, 2010

Fictionary Friday - Resonate

So here are the rules. I will post a word and its definition. It will be a real word, and its real definition. But then I will create a fictionary definition for the same word, and invite you to do the same. Sound good? Good. Here we go:

Dictionary Definition:
Resonate v. to amplify vocal sound by the sympathetic vibration of air in certain cavities and bony structures.

Fictionary Definition:
Resonate n. A houseguest named Nate who seems to have taken up residence and never plans to leave. "Who's that guy on Mrs. Smith's front porch?" "Oh, they've got a Resonate." "Wow, that stinks. Hope they can get rid of him soon."

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That's great! I've had a few resonates come to stay. heehee

    ps Thanks for stopping by to say "hi" :)

    ReplyDelete

An Extraordinary Comment just for me? Hooray!

When you comment, I get an email. Then I hit "reply." If your email says "noreply-comment" I get sad. Check out this tutorial and set yourself up so I can write back to you!