Monday, December 28, 2009

My New Baby is Here!!!

And if you've been reading my blogs somewhat regularly, you already know that I'm either talking about something other than a human child, or something magical happened over Christmas. (There's a very important factor to producing babies, that I am not currently doing.)

But what I DID get is the present I asked for... a new Kensington Trackball Mouse with Scroll Ring. I bought a trackball in college when I got Tendonitis, and it was phenominal (the trackball, not the Tendonitis). Nine years later, after using it through college and 3 jobs, it broke, and I had to order a new one. It was silver and sleek and I love it. But when I developed Carpal Tunnel in November, I went looking to see if they had any updated versions for less than $60, and that's when I saw her:

Isn't she beautiful? I haven't officially named her yet but for some reason I'm thinking Sheila. The greatest thing about her though is that nobbly ring around the blue ball--that's the scroll ring. It takes the place of the scroll wheel that exists on most "normal" mice, and that I've been sorely missing for the last few years.

But there is something else that's pretty cool... an attachment I didn't even know I was gonna get!


You just slide on this little extra piece, and voila, even MORE wrist protection! It's like this thing was made just for me. Hooray for Shelia.

**Just to be clear, Kensington has no idea I'm writing this. I wouldn't turn down a gift from them because I love their products, but really I'm just telling you all about Shelia because I'm so happy to have my new trackball mouse, no other reason.**

Happy Monday, all, and here's to Shelia, and to good wrist health! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh fancy gadgets!!! I love those mice. They're so smooth to use. I actually miss mine. Of course, now I have a laptop and rarely use an actual mouse but when we get our next desktop, that'll be bought with it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like a great idea! I swear when I sit and blog for a while my hands just ache, this would be so fantatstic.
    I'm glad that you have found your new baby, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful! What a nice gift.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God...I'm jealous!! I don't get jealous very often...but this is AWESOME! I want one!

    ~WM

    ReplyDelete

An Extraordinary Comment just for me? Hooray!

When you comment, I get an email. Then I hit "reply." If your email says "noreply-comment" I get sad. Check out this tutorial and set yourself up so I can write back to you!