Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My, How Time Flies...

My sister, the Gymnast, graduated from college yesterday. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. I mean, I remember changing her diapers. Of course I was only 7 at the time, and we used cloth diapers and pins. Sorry about sticking you with the pins all the time, Kathy. We're cool though, right?

But yeah, look at her, she's a graduate now:



It's really just crazy. I can't believe it's been 4 years (well, 4.5) since she graduated from high school. I don't know how on earth I'm going to deal with this when it's my own kids!

But here's more pictures. I won't bore you with pictures of the ceremony. I don't know what it is about gymnasiums anyway, you just can't get a good shot without a $3000 camera. Stupid lighting.


Here's Kathy and the 'rents.



And here's Kathy and her boyfriend, Fiona. I mean Kelly. Good strong Irish name.



And here's me, the Gymnast, and the Drama Queen.

What a great day it was. I'm really insanely proud of my sister. But I have to say that the best--the absolute best part of the entire ceremony was when they sang the school's alma mater. My mom got all teary-eyed, because it's her college's tune... and I almost peed myself trying not to laugh because it's totally the song from Dirty Dancing. Like practically note-for-note. So while everyone was singing nice strong words about the college, this is all I could think of:


Absolutely hysterical.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the very nice comment on my blog today. Having a less than stellar day and then read your comment. Cool to get a reminder to keep things in perspective. Congrats to your sister and very funny how the mind works. Call her baby and her boyfriend Fiona, then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a great achievement. Thats so funny because my little sister called yesterday morning to tell me she passed her GED. A great accomplishment no matter what we strive for. :) And I so remember the cloth diapers and pins! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, stopping by from SITS and wishing you HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

An Extraordinary Comment just for me? Hooray!

When you comment, I get an email. Then I hit "reply." If your email says "noreply-comment" I get sad. Check out this tutorial and set yourself up so I can write back to you!