Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oodles and Oodles of Doodles

So I live in a fairly yuppie neighborhood in Chicago (I think Wrigleyville will always be yuppie... I mean, our biggest bar is located right there, even though it's only open from April till September--yes, I said September.)



And one thing about living here is that everyone seems to need to have the current "big thing." You know, like those strollers you can jog with.



And Smart Cars.



And, of course, Labradoodles.


Because seriously, our goals in life should be to have a pet that looks like Chewbacca.


Now I don't really have anything against any of the -oodle mixes per se, as long as they're nice dogs. I just know that poodles, full-size poodles specifically, are not my favorite dog. One of the kids I went to school with had a poodle and it was mean. Like, devious. So whenever I see an -oodle mix I think either of Chewbacca or how badly I hope that the poodle won't win the Thanksgiving Day dog show this year.


But it's just hilarious because in the last week I swear I've seen 3 people walking Labradoodles, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same one. I just wonder how people will feel when oodle-mixes go out of style. I mean, unlike the car, you can't just trade it in for a newer model.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the -oodle dogs either. How in the world did they get so popular? Are regular labrador is so much cuter anyway.

    ReplyDelete

An Extraordinary Comment just for me? Hooray!

When you comment, I get an email. Then I hit "reply." If your email says "noreply-comment" I get sad. Check out this tutorial and set yourself up so I can write back to you!